Why You Need Wood Doors in Your Kitchen Cabinets
December 4, 2018
1. Cozier OutlookInstalling wood cabinets can give your kitchen that WOW factor it deserves. The cabinets give a warm and cozy feeling to your kitchen. The luxurious outlook uplifts your mood as soon as you step into the kitchen. Wood provides a classic and natural look to your kitchen. The dark colored cabinets combined with marble countertops add richness to your surroundings.
2. Customized DesignsWooden cabinets are available in a wide range of customized designs and shapes to help you pick a cabinet that complements your kitchen environment. Wooden cabinets go well with all sorts of knobs and handles. Woodcarving is another interesting feature you can incorporate in your cabinet design. This makes them the perfect choice for homeowners that always go an extra mile to maintain their kitchen aesthetics.
3. Stain-free CabinetsUsing cabinet doors with oily hands is a common practice. This leaves stains of grease on your cabinet doors. Wooden cabinets often hide stains and dirt due to their dark color. This saves the frequent maintenance cost.
4. Longer LifeWooden cabinets are known for their durability and structural strength. They allow years of use without needing frequent maintenance. In case of a stain, the cabinets can be easily scrubbed and refinished.
5. VarietyThe wide variety of wooden cabinets outweighs all other cabinetry materials. These cabinets vary in the type of wood, appearance, durability, and cost. Some common options include:
- Oak: It’s a medium colored wood with natural streaks and knots. With a proper finish, this can give a sophisticated look to your kitchen.
- Maple: This wood is known for its consistent color. Kitchen cabinets made from maple wood require solid paint to give them a finished look.
- Cherry:Wooden cabinets made from cherry fade over time and require finishing. However, the material has an unrivaled strength and can withstand constant wear.