Deep cleaning your commercial kitchen regularly is paramount to avoiding risks of violating health and safety regulations
. You should get a thorough deep cleaning done at least once a week and clean the entire kitchen from top to bottom, every day.
A dirty kitchen is unsanitary and can be a major risk for your customers as well as the staff. If you leave cleanliness and hygiene issues unaddressed you risk being shut down
. Deep cleaning involves getting rid of grime and grease stains from kitchen counters and even the cabinets. It should include the following:
- Making sure the grease traps are emptied and pressure washed as these can also be a fire hazard
- Removing leftover grease build-up from kitchen hoods and the exhaust fans
- Cleaning the flooring surfaces and any mats
- Pressure wash walls and ceiling
- Cleaning kitchen appliances and equipment
- Replacing filters
- Refilling soap dispenser
- Disinfecting sinks, countertops and cabinets
Kitchen cabinets often experience oil splashes and when left unattended for too long can get infested with pests. Here are some ways you can deep clean kitchen cabinets thoroughly to keep your commercial kitchen spic and span and running smoothly.
Supplies you’ll need
- These are the following supplies you will need to clean thoroughly
- Cleaning cloths (preferably micro-fiber )
- Mild dish soap
- Vinegar and baking soda if you want to clean your kitchen cabinets organically
Cleaning the exterior
Make sure you test the cabinet surfaces individually with the cleaning solution you use before you clean the entire surface.
Liquid dish soap diluted in warm water works for all kinds of surfaces including steel, plastic laminate, wood, vinyl and more. It can get rid of mild grease, dust, food smudges etc.
Clean them from top to bottom and make sure to get the sides and the edges as well.
Cleaning the interior
Remove all the supplies in the cabinet and vacuum it to get rid of crumbs and residue. This is important to do before you thoroughly wipe the cabinets.
Wash the interior with a mild detergent and warm water so that it’s easier to scrub.
Rinse with a damp cloth to wipe off detergent. Avoid using large amounts of water to clean as it can be difficult to remove from inside the cabinets.
Get your custom kitchen cabinet doors for your pristine commercial kitchen in NYC from Ikonni. We offer a wide variety of custom cabinetry including steel cabinet doors, wood cabinet doors
, lacquered cabinet doors
, cement cabinet doors
, and clay cabinet doors
today to learn more.